Martes, Mayo 17, 2011

FEATURED saint of the day MAY 17

St.Paschal of Baylon



(May 24,1540-May 17, 1592)

      From his childhood St.Paschal was a shepherd and born in a poor family in the Kingdom of Aragon, he spend his youth reading many religious books.At the age of 24 St.Paschal entered the new reformed order of the Franciscan priest.

     St.Paschal always spend his nights praying and spend an hour kneeling in  front of the Blessed sacrament.St.Paschal is also known for his  mottos in life.

1.. I should think of myself as a rotting, smelling, dead person.
2. If anyone hurts me, I deserve it, because I am a sinner.  They can tear out my eyes, cut off my ears and tongue, and injure my whole body.
3. I should not be angry if others think the same, about these two points.  I should think it a favour, if I am told to do penance and make sacrifices.
4. If I get discouraged when doing penance or making sacrifices, I should think of Jesus who was innocent and suffered because He loved me. 


   In 1592 St.Paschal died because in the monastery because of odor of sanctity. He was Beatified by POPE Paul V and Canonized by Alexander VII on October 16,1690. He was considered patron saint of Eucharistic congresses and Eucharistic association.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento